The Duffy Trial has been a bit of an expose on how the Harper Cons’ PMO operated. It’s not pretty. The comments made about Sona and Finely are nothing to sneeze at either. With Sona destined to sit in jail, and Finely in a grave, it all seems a little bit of an academic discussion […] . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: Concalls: Duffy Trial Revelations
Not sure what’s more pathetic and hypocritical: Wudrick and Taylor feigning desire for un-tinkered elections, or Wall pining for Ottawa money. @saskboy what on earth are you talking about? We just want a referendum. We SUPPORTED STV in the BC referenda. — Aaron Wudrick (@awudrick) December 28, 2015 The hypocrisy in each case approaches satirical […] . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: Do Not As I Used To Say and Do
A day after the Prairie Dog duly mocked corporate-ordered endorsements of the Harper Cons (which should be entirely familiar based on past campaigns), we’ve seen a spate of newspapers falling in line. And I’ll argue that there may actually be more reason to be concerned than usual about the impact of those new messages.
Plenty . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: On late definitions
Miscellaneous material for your mid-week reading.
– Ian Welsh discusses how our problems with poverty and inequality arise out of artificial scarcity: We either already have excess capacity or we have the ability to create more than people need of all necessities.
This includes housing, food and clothing. We still have enough water, globally, . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: Wednesday Morning Links
Here’s a joke about the Boy Scouts standing behind Harper for a photo-op he arranged.
#HarperScoutBadges: The "Wipe the Logs of the Robocall Database" badge #cdnpoli pic.twitter.com/jKbVfdL7oM
— Stephen Lautens (@stephenlautens) August 21, 2015
Scouts aren’t allowed to appear in uniform at political events.
. . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Badge
Assorted content for your weekend reading.
– Stephen Marche discusses the Cons’ ongoing efforts to make Canada a more closed and ignorant country: Mr. Harper’s campaign for re-election has so far been utterly consistent with the personality trait that has defined his tenure as prime minister: his peculiar hatred for sharing information.
Americans have traditionally . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: Saturday Morning Links
Dean Del Mastro is going to jail for a month, house arrest for longer, and cannot run (for office) for at least 5 years.
Hey, kids, remember Stephen Harper from back in 2006? http://t.co/z8SoCu2Pss Have fun, Dean-o. pic.twitter.com/ZN1ZM9yAow
— CC (@canadiancynic) June 25, 2015
BREAKING:video of Dean Del Mastro being . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Conservative Defender of Robocalls now Jailed for #elxnfraud
I was interviewed for the E-Day documentary film being wrapped up this Summer. What’d I say? You’ll have to wait until it’s been all put together. I can’t wait!
https://t.co/vXIDfiLnwi Inky Mark running in #elxn42 as an Independent http://t.co/ZCvw2lX8Kg #votersuppression https://t.co/YJ73Qu4IIL
— @EDayFilm (@edayfilm) June 4, 2015
Road trip video . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Documentary Underway
Peter is making a film about the RoboCon election fraud. His tour gets started tomorrow in Guelph, where the most famous incident in hundreds of ridings took place.
. @edayfilm Road Trip launches cross-Canada tour in 2 days starting in Guelph May 20, 21, 23 #cdnpoli #robocalls https://t.co/iC9yhRqV75
— @EDayFilm (@edayfilm) May . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Documentary Rolling Across Canada #RoboCon
Hapless Dean Del Mastro, the former Prime Ministerial Parliamentary Secretary is supposed to soon find out how long he’ll spend in jail away from his wife and baby child.
What's the difference between $21K and $20K? No kids, not $1000, it is a mistrial! #DelMastro #DDM pic.twitter.com/YPtKkOSmCd
— Far Side Peter (@FarSidePtbo) January 27, 2015
. . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: DDM Calling For Mistrial! #RoboCon
Assorted content for your weekend reading.
– Lana Payne discusses how we can bring about change in the new year by demanding that our political leaders recognize and use the power of collective action: Social justice requires a collective response and political action. It is at the root of wonderful nation-building programs like universal health . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: Saturday Afternoon Links
Check out @LindaMcQuaig latest column: Why the robocalls conspiracy will happen again — quietly | iPolitics http://t.co/rPdhmu380t #cdnpoli
— Yamina Tsalamlal (@YaminaTsa) December 4, 2014
Avoiding any responsibility was no small feat for the Conservative party, given how strongly the evidence pointed to some sort of organized scheme, presumably involving the authorization — . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Conservatives’ “(technically) clean hands” #RoboCon
“If the Commissioner of Canada Elections is prepared to ignore the findings of two judges, I think that will speak very poorly of the powers of investigations we have in this country to explore electoral fraud.”
Côté has not yet responded to May’s complaint.
It’s absolutely unacceptable that Elections Canada failed to contact the leader . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: May was never contacted about #elxnfraud complaint in #RoboCon
Because the Guelph Liberal campaign was fined for not self-identifying in a robocall about their opponent’s position on abortion, the Conservatives ran a “clean and ethical campaign”. The crime of another party washes them clean. It’s very Jesus-like, somehow. Have them explain it to you, it’s beyond me.
“The Conservative Party ran a clean and . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: “Clean and Ethical Campaign” #RoboCon #elxnfraud
The Prime Minister’s first attack dog on the RoboCon file, Dean Del Mastro, has been found guilty of election fraud in 2008. The courts haven’t really caught up fully with the Conservatives’ election frauds of 2011, but they’ve already convicted Michael Sona after accepting Andrew Prescott’s worthless, immunized testimony about Pierre Poutine. Poutine’s actions had . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: DDM Goes Down For #elxnfraud
Alison at Creekside has a much better summary of what’s happening behind the scenes on the RoboCon movie than I could hope to write. Warning: If you keep reading though, you may feel the urge to spend $20 or more dollars toward exposing Canada’s most effective election fraud criminals.
Ten minute promotional video on an . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Make The Documentary of #ElxnFraud in #cdnpoli
Michael Sona has to wait until next month to find out how much time he’s spending in jail for being convicted of participating in a nefarious scheme to defraud Guelph voters of their votes.
Crown says actions "damage public faith in the democratic process" #robocalls
— Laura Stone (@l_stone) October 17, 2014
Sona, btw, . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Sona Sentencing Taking Too Long #RoboCon
This and that for your Thursday reading.
– Olga Khazan writes about the connection between lower incomes and obesity in the U.S. And Truthout discusses how poverty and other stressors can directly affect individual and communal genetics for generations: (A) study by researchers at University College London’s Institute of Child Health found that, thanks to . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: Thursday Morning Links
This and that for your Tuesday reading.
– John Abraham and Dana Nuccitelli discuss the worrisome spread of climate change denialism, particularly around the English-speaking developed world. But lest we accept the theory that declining public knowledge is independent of political choices, Margaret Munro reports that the Cons are suppressing factual scientific information about Arctic . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: Tuesday Morning Links
Assorted content to end your week.
– Glen McGregor reports on Michael Sona’s conviction as part of the Cons’ voter suppression in 2011. But both Michael den Tandt and Sujata Dey emphasize that Sona’s conviction was based on his being only one participant in the wider Robocon scheme – and that Stephen Harper and company . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: Friday Morning Links
While Sona’s been found guilty of one charge, questions remain about how he would have managed to have log files removed from CPC Headquarter’s computer database known as CIMS.
"There is no record of the accused accessing that database at anytime" Hearn says, but notes others did, incl. Ken Morgan.— Glen McGregor (@glen_mcgregor) August 14, . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Michael Sona Found Guilty of Being Pierre Poutine in #RoboCon
.@kady @KrankyKanuck @Mary_OGrady @1223Chuck Wouldn't you rather unmarked envelopes tell you where? twitter.com/LibPressSec/st… #PCloadLetter— Saskboy K. (@saskboy) June 11, 2014
(PC Load Letter is from printer displays of the past, and the comedy Office Space. It indicates the paper tray is empty. It was the best pun I could come up with on short notice.)
. . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: #PCloadLetter The Ontario PCs Send Misdirecting Mail #VoteOn
Assorted content for your weekend reading.
– Jim Armitage discusses how the privatization of public services in the UK is being mashed up with the principles behind subprime lending and debt bundling – leading to a bubble which promises to take down investors and the public alike.
– Dylan Matthews offers what would seem . . . → Read More: Accidental Deliberations: Saturday Morning Links
An important trial in Canadian history is underway in Guelph, Ontario. Michael Sona, the only person accused by prosecutors of carrying out the illegall robocalls in Guelph to redirect people to the “Old Quebec St. Mall”, faces jail and fines. However, he could not have carried out this crime by himself, calling into question the . . . → Read More: Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: ConCalls: Trial Begins for Sona in #RoboCon #elxnfraud